In the uKhahlamba-Drakensberg region of KwaZulu Natal near Winterton you will find a spectacular mountain range – a World Heritage Site. It is a unique place to experience the beauty and history of the Zulu Kingdom. Let our extensive local knowledge guide your African holiday experience.
Educational and Recreational Tours
The Central Drakensberg Information Centre offers you:
- accommodation bookings for resorts, hotels, self-catering chalets, bed & breakfasts, guest lodges, bush camps, caravan parks and camping sites.
- activities information for the area including hiking, horse riding, karting, rafting and more.
- area information on weather, shopping, arts & crafts, banking, San rock art, what’s on and where.
- touring information for hiking guides, battlefield tours, cultural excursions, game drives and day tours.
- foreign tourist advice on route planning, safety and health concerns, languages, tips and tales.
- function convening for weddings and conferences.
These services are free to clients for accommodation bookings and information.
We are ideally situated in the Thokozisa Centre on the R600 from Winterton to the Central Drakensberg and offer all of these services for the Central and Northern Drakensberg and the Bush and Battlefields areas.
Business hours: 9am to 5pm 7 days a week (excluding major holidays)
Web – Email – Tel 036 488 1207 – Fax 036 488 1846
The world renowned Drakensberg Boys Choir School is situated next to the Dragon Peaks Park en route to Monks Cowl Camp.
The coir draws inspiration for its exuberant performances from the beatiful surroundings.
Every Wednesday during term, a concert is held in the school’s auditorium. Reservations are essential.
Situated on the R600 – 2km past Drakensberg Boys Choir
Visit Falcon Ridge and witness and amazing birds of prey display!
Daily flights 10h30 (except Fridays)
Tel: 082 774 6398
Fax: 036 468 1752
Are you interested in candles and rugs. If so then pop in and see what we have to offer…
Rugs can enhance any room as a decorative hanging.
Redecorate your home by moving your rugs around. Its like moving home without all the relocation expenses.
Tel: 036 488 1657
Fax: 036 468 1658
Along the length of the majestic Drakensberg Mountain in KwaZulu Natal you find exceptional beauty. Sheer cliffs, rolling hills, crystal streams and cool forests create a magical environment for weddings and functions to surpass your dreams. Contact the Dream Team to efficiently and cost-effectively manage your entire function.
The Dream Team offers you:
- comprehensive management of your function
It is not easy arranging a function when it is far away from your home base. The Dream Team provides you with an experienced convener who will supervise all aspects of the function on the ground. Thus you need only coordinate with one individual saving you the inconvenience of tracking the progress of multiple suppliers over a distance.
- local knowledge ensuring you get the best value for your money
We know the area’s venues, services providers and best kept secrets so are in a better position to assemble a team that will deliver you the event to fit your style and budget.
- local expertise for all aspects of function convening
The Drakensberg region offers professionals in all areas of the wedding & conferencing industry including photographers, décor specialists, caterers and entertainers as well as a variety of accommodation, transport and activity options.
We are affiliated with the Central Drakensberg Information Centre which is situated in the Thokozisa Centre on the R600 from Winterton to the Central Drakensberg.
Web – Email – Tel 036 468 5555 – Fax 036 468 1234
In Champagne Valley, in the Central Drakensberg region of KwaZulu Natal, you find Treks, Trips & Trails. It is beautifully set in the Drakensberg foothills near Winterton and is central to some of the best tourist offerings in the Zulu Kingdom.
Our specific aim is to add a little extra to your time in our beautiful province by showing you some of those hidden places and not so often travelled routes.
Some options to consider:
- Off the beaten track trips by 4×4 – a must for the adventurous
- Game reserve tours – see the ‘Big 5′ or even the rare white lions
- Birding trips – from birds of prey to a trip on Bell Park dam teaming with bird-life
- Sani Pass and Lesotho – up early or stay over at Africa’s highest pub
You have the luxury of customising your tour to best meet your wishes.
The Natal Drakensberg is one of South Africa’s most outstanding attractions, which draws hundreds of thousands of visitors annually to its scenic beauty, crisp mountain air and crystal clear waters.
Midst this beautiful area lies the Winterton Museum. It was officially opened in 1993 by Mrs Sheila Henderson and is certainly worth a visit. This is a community museum and represents living history, telling the story of the people in the area, both past and present.